They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Acts 2:42
Community Fellowship Baptist Church was founded on November 14, 2006 in the home of Pastor Brian Bullard and First Lady Kelli Bullard.
Community Fellowship Baptist Church was birthed out of Pastor Tyrone E. Barnette’s passion for church planting. Peace Baptist Church had previously planted Trinity Baptist Church of Ellenwood and New Christian Center. Pastor Barnette and the Peace Baptist Church family sent several families out into the mission fields of Newton County, GA to establish a church that would reach the lost and disciple believers.
God’s glory was revealed immediately during the initial fellowship, on November 14, 2006, when a young man proclaimed his profession of faith in Christ. His zeal for the Lord and the atmosphere of faith that was evident compelled him to request to be baptized that night. The people of God celebrated as Pastor Brian Bullard baptized the young man in a bathtub. Prayers were answered when the Lord opened doors to the West Newton Elementary School in Covington, GA. as a place of worship for the new congregation. Community Fellowship Baptist Church officially launched the ministry, in April 2007, by hosting a community block party that attracted approximately 1000 people of various nationalities, religions, races from the greater Covington area. During the community block party we witnessed 16 people committing their lives to Christ.